Friday, May 15, 2009

Trippy

When I was about 4 or 5 years old my dad won a jacuzzi by buying a single raffle ticket at a local Bluegrass festival. After he won it and brought it home, he and my mom made the investment of building a gazebo to house it.  

We enjoyed the jacuzzi for several years. It was my "swimming pool" during the summer months; and I would even have picnics out there when the cover was on top of the jacuzzi. 

Eventually, the pump broke and we never fixed it. So it along with the gazebo became my dad's little den for late night evenings to sip a beer (or two...) and listen to some music.

About a month ago I was bringing my mom some flowers for her birthday, when she told me to look outside at the backyard. O! M! G! It was completely different! The gazebo was torn down! I was completely astonished! ... Still am! I had to take some pictures just to be continually amazed to how trippy it is to see nothing there! 

The center circle of dirt is now the new birthplace of my mom's garden! (Pictures of the garden to come in a later blog.) Not quite sure when I'll get used to seeing my parent's backyard like this, but I'm sure that day will come. Perhaps, when there's another change! (Maybe when the unfinished shed gets torn down!)



1 comment:

Angel said...

The grass looks so green

Followers