Friday, July 20, 2012

As many of you know, I am a geek.  I stood in line and waited in the theater for two hours to watch The Dark Knight Rises with my niece. Three hours past midnight I was blown away! Mari & I were awed by how awesome the film was to watch - talking about it the entire car ride home. Got home to post on Facebook how awesome I thought the film was to find three news reports about the terrible shooting in Colorado. 



I was shocked! And now continue to be sickened to learn about the victims that were taken by a brutal uncaring person. And yet I am happy  because even though it was an absolute zoo last night (six theaters full of fans at the UA @ Arden in Sac), the crowd was just jazzed to see the movie. We all went home safely. My niece and I are safe! Safe from something that shouldn't even be on my radar to be worried about. 


My heart goes out to Colorado, to my fellow geeked-out fans! We should be happily raving about the film - not mourning the loss of fellow fans! It's a shame and senseless. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their friends and families!

No comments:

Followers