Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Calavera in Progress...

As most artists/crafters know, some projects don't always cooperate!
It's this necklace that I've been working on today:


I had the color concept I wanted. Loved the beads I choose. But not all the beads, wire, etc., wanted to work well with each other - or rather with me. So she's a work in progress. I was trying to get the headpiece to lay just right on top of the calavera. I think I need to step away for a little bit. I was yelling, grunting, cursing & pleading with it for over an hour to "work with me please - damn-nit!". We'll see how it goes! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amy Cluck said...

Good luck! It's beautiful!

Yoshie Lupfer said...

Nice job with the necklace though. Perhaps the beads around the center piece should be darker to brighten it by contrast. But i'm no expert.
I like it as it is.

Nice job. I'll visit the rest.

mnemosynes/swap-bot

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace so far, great job! Rosie@swapbot

melydia said...

I think I can see where you're trying to go with this, and I think it'll be lovely. I like the contrast between the Dia de los Muertos-style skull with the almost flowery beads. Good luck!

--melydia@swap-bot

Followers