Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween Costume '11

I always dream BIG for Halloween because it's my favorite holiday!
After much debate I decided to do something Tim Burton-esque! After going to his art exhibit earlier this year I've just felt so inspired by his art. In preparing my costume I scoured the web for ideas and created this Etsy Treasury:












































As well as this Pinterest Board:
(more pictures on my pin board)

Oh, Johnny.beetlejuiceStripesbrideTim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter / Photo: Tim WalkerNightmare before Christmas crafts


This is how my costume turned out:

Not exactly what I originally envisioned...actually I wanted something a bit more kick a$$ (like with a corset & skirt), but this worked for passing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters!

My mom made the AWESOME black & white striped jacket that I'm totally in LOVE with <3!!! It turned out so great that I even wore it to the Dia de los Muertos Celebration I vended at the weekend before. (Pictures below)
I originally wanted to construct a top hat to go with the awesome jacket, but I went with this psychedelic witch hat I got at Gatherings. To complete the ensemble I wore my red & white stockings I picked up at the Heebe Jeebe Halloween boutique!

Here's a few other creations made for Halloween/Day of the Dead:



My Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein Love Necklace


My sister showing off the "zip from the top to the bottom" skirt made by our mom!



Me & my jewelry with the jacket! :)

No comments:

Followers