Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Start of Summer with Florence + the Machine!

I bought tickets to see Florence + the Machine months ago when they first went on sale! Through my move to Santa Barbara it was my goal to make it back up north to see the concert in Berkeley - and make it I did! Florence was well worth the wait....from the moment I stepped foot into the Greek Theater it was magic! From her flowery backdrop to the birdcage lights she set up an earthy, faerie-inspired, magical feeling. She emerged on stage like a Gustav Klimt painting!


At the first note of "My Boy Builds Coffins" I knew that her voice was going to carry me into a musical escape! My heart beat faster, my skin tingled and I danced and sang harder than ever as each song played out. Her voice and stage presence is amazing! She floated around the stage dancing as she sang, beating her drum and interacted with the audience.


I was happy to hear a couple new songs and ecstatic to hear a couple played acoustically - totally incredible! Her voice is mesmerizing! You can tell she captivated the audience:


My favorite moments were probably during "Between Two Lungs" and the encore of "Dog Days are Over". I had complete body tingles as she sang. It was like she took the time to express her love into each word she belted out! I definitely felt her energy while I danced and sang along!



Sorry the video is a bit choppy, I couldn't keep myself from dancing & singing (poorly - which you can hear...lol!)!!!


All in all, a FANTASTIC night! I highly recommend to anyone to check out her music & if you get the chance, please, catch a show! She's Phenomenal!!!!


Here's my sister & I at the merchandise booth at the end of the night. Angel's showcasing my "Lungs" (the name of the album) shirt I made to wear to the concert. I made it from an Old Navy shirt & a Sublime Stitching (Vital Organs) pattern. Ultimately, the shirt didn't quite go with the dress I wanted to wear so Angel wore it instead. I read in an article that Florence likes Day of the Dead, so that combined with a fun skirt made the dress perfect for me to wear! - Plus, my mom made it :) I'm going to send Miss Flo a pair of my "Dead Frida" earrings. I hope she enjoys them as much as I enjoyed her concert!

No comments:

Followers