Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goin' Steampunk!

In attempt to begin construction on my Halloween costume, I found this precious gem sitting right in my parent's garage! It's perfect for the steampunk ensemble I'm trying to assemble.


Why such a fuss so soon? Well, besides being my all-time-favorite holiday, it is also the day my best friend, Erin, is getting married! More updates on my costume are sure to come!
By the way, just in case you're curious as to what steampunk is, ” a genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advance technology.” (from the Oxford English Dictionary).
Here's a sampling of my inspirations from my etsy favorites:


Clockwork hard leather corset (custom)

Brass Steampunk Adventurer's Corset oxblood

Green Stripe and Lime Bustle Skirt

No comments:

Followers